The Benefits of Body Scrubbing
Dead skin cells are removed by body scrubs, and as a result, these benefits are provided below:
- Moisturizing products absorb better on the skin when they are applied. A moisturizer applied after exfoliating the skin will better penetrate the skin because dead skin cells are removed.
- Ingrown hairs are prevented by unclogging pores.
- You can expect smoother and more even skin after using these products.
How to use
Making your own body scrub is not particularly complicated. Following are some basic step-by-step instructions (with tips from Top Level Spa):
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly by washing it with warm water.
- Massage the scrub into your skin using your fingertips.
- Using circular movements, scrub your hands and feet from the outside in.
- Be sure to rinse your hands and feet with warm water.
- You can also shave if you’d like.
- Allow the skin to remain slightly damp when dry.
- Apply moisturizer. You can trap moisture in your skin by applying moisturizer while it is still damp.
Professional Tips: Don’t overuse spa massage. The same can be said about body scrubs in that you can have too much of a good thing. Learn why below. Use twice a week at most. See our